Monday, June 18, 2012

A HART

Father's Day, a fine day to remember this man and family member that I have seen maybe once or twice since I was about three years old.  His family kept me one night when Grandma Hart was in the hospital.  All of these years, I have remembered their kindness and playing on one of those tiny pianos. Recently, I remembered something else about that visit.  He prayed for me. I remembered the prayer went on and on and on and on....thought he would never finish....I wanted to get back to playing.  Then this week,  Mom "just happens" to bring me this election photo card back from her visit to Georgia...yea, right "just happens."  I am sure the prayer he prayed over me that night was an intercessory prayer meant for just a time as this. 

1 Samuel 17:47 (NIVUK)

All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.’

I do not remember the words you said over me that night, but thank you Howard Hart for that prayer many years ago.  I hope this day past, you have let your Heavenly Father love on you as only He can with a heart full of compassion and tenderness, bringing you peace and joy in knowing that He is enough. Victory is ours, in Christ Jesus!

Love,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment