Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Control My Tongue (or/and Type)

Posted to FB on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 9:22pm
 
Ha, I bought a book for my sons called "God Guy"...turns out it was just what I needed to read...LMBO. "A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be KIND TO EVERYONE, be able to teach, and be patient with DIFFICULT people" (Michael DiMarco).

I wanted to cuss that person out, but James 3 tells us "9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring?"

Well, slap my hands and shut my mouth!  Calm down...I said I WANTED to cuss that person out who trying to be funny or cute or build them self up (only God knows their reason), said something about one of my family members that didn't sit well with me....nothing really terrible...but just a cutting remark...and it cut me deep because it was about someone I love dearly.  And this happen right after I came from church praising God and thanking Him for how good He has been to me. And to top it all off, the person that said this cutting remark is suppose to love God as well...imagine that!

I knew I wouldn't cuss this person out, 1. because I don't do that and 2. because someone else I love dearly loves the person who said the cutting remark.  Hope you followed that ;-)  And I probably should not have taken the stab I took at this person in an email...it was a truthful statement written as a sweet, caring question with an implied..."you Jack Ass" behind it  =D   To tell the truth, it did make me fell better for a bit. Oh, well so I'm human. Think I actually took a second stab up above before (only God knows their reason). Oops, but the truth again!

But see what really happen was the devil was trying to get my eyes off the precious time I had spent with God that morning.  Trying to steal my blessing. And he tried to hamper my witness with others throughout the rest of my day. Guess he succeeded to a small degree, but as Oswald Chambers said..."If through a broken heart God can bring His purposes to pass in the world, then thank Him for breaking your heart."

Even Paul Thorn is talking about this very subject today…"the only time you should give your opinion is when someone asks for it. when I get mad I have such a hard time keeping my big mouth shut. I want to learn how to remain silent unless someone asks me what I think. my father in law is REALLY good at restraining his tongue around fools, and he never looses his cool, I want to be like him. how about you?"

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=283001898377514&id=100000031199102&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/thornpage

Guess point being...I need to tell the truth, say it with love in my heart, and only give my opinion when asked.   You know what that means…you might want to delete me from FB…LOL…because it does say, “What’s on your mind?”

No comments:

Post a Comment